Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kindergarten Countdown

In 30 short days, the girls will officially start Kindergarten! Where has the time gone? Seems like just yesterday we brought them home from the hospital. I remember Andy had to run to Walgreens for a prescription. He dropped us off and then quickly ran the errand so he could get back to us. I just looked at the girls on the floor, still in their carseats and thought, I haven't a clue what to do next! Well, I eventually figured it out and I have learned a LOT these last 5 years. Now that they are going to school, I have a similar feeling. I don't know what is going to happen when they start school, but I know we will figure it out together.

We have been doing countdown calendars with the girls since they were very young. We have counted down to visitors, holidays, vacations and now school. This month before school I wanted to plan some school related events as well as just fun activities to finish out the last summer before school. Each day brings something new. Today was the first day and we started out with a movie at the movie theater-a rare treat. We went with Aunt Andi and saw Despicable Me. The girls loved the movie and laughed and made comments the whole way through. We had a great time. We also got to spend time with Aunt Andi, which is always fun.

As nervous as I am about starting school, I know that they are ready. They have had lots of experiences and are ready to take the next step. In fact, they are practially pushing me to take the next step-haha. They are beautiful, inquisitive, hilarious, intelligent, caring little girls. Andy and I feel blessed to be their parents-even on the crazy days :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Little Baby Brody said...

They are going to have so much fun in kindergarten! I had fun at the movies too - they are better than any commentary you can get on the DVDs-haha.