Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day-After School



So these pictures were taken after school. It took a lot of prodding and questioning to find out how their day went. Sarah said that she was really good and listened to her teacher, so she earned a sticker. Maddie's teacher didn't hand out stickers, so she was a little sad. That is one thing that is going to be a challenge for them this year. They are used to getting everything the same, and having the same opportunities. It is hard for any kid when their sibling gets something that they don't, but I think it is especially hard for twins. As we talked about our day, Sarah learned that Maddie's class got to play outside and her class didn't. It is going to be a challenge to keep reminding them that things aren't always going to seem fair, but that is an important life lesson that they will have to learn.

Maddie had a great morning, she was telling me that her teacher was really funny and made the class laugh at the "screaming books." From her story, I gather that the teacher was explaining how to take care of the books in their classroom and that the books don't like it when they are mistreated. Maddie said she bent a book and that made it scream-haha.

The girls each made new friends today. Sarah met a boy named Dave (but I don't think that is his real name) and Maddie met a girl named Face. I asked Maddie to tell me the name again, and she insisted it was Face. I asked her if it might be Faith, but she said no. I might have to investigate that one further...

No homework today, although both teachers said that they will be sending homework 4 nights a week. Maddie did bring home a picture that she colored. It was of a lion, their school mascot. Everything was colored beautifully except for the Lion's body. I asked her if she ran out of time and she said, "No, it's vanilla."

So that's how the first day went. They are really looking forward to going back. I think Maddie would be more excited if she got a sticker though :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: