The Shimko Family Blog is up and running-hopefully. Inspired by my good friend Becky and my sister, I have decided to start a blog. I actually put this blog site together in November 2008, but never did anything with it.
The purpose of the blog is to put all of my stuff in one place. I have been sending out weekly update emails of the baby for the 9 months and then I send out a lot of anecdotes about the girls as well. I am hoping the blog will help me condense everything into one easy to find spot.
Here is my first story-many of you all ready received this via email.
This morning, Maddie was eating breakfast and Sarah was finished. Sarah asked Maddie if she could play with one of her toys. Maddie said no, and I asked her why. I pointed out that Sarah asked first instead of just taking it, she wasn't going to hurt it and Maddie was still eating and couldn't play with it at the moment anyway. Maddie thought for a minute and then said in her most authoritative voice, "How about this. Sarah, I have an important job for you. While I finish eating, you go build our candy store and then when I am done, I will help you." She was totally using the distraction technique I use on them all of the time...haha.
I am really excited about the blog and hopefully I will be able to keep up on it.
3 comments:
Haha-I will figure out how to make the pictures smaller!
Thanks for sharing, Kristen. I always laugh when I hear my voice coming out of Devon's mouth. And it happens often! We call him 'Dad #2' in our family.
Congrats on Carson's baptism!
Yay! So glad you are blogging.
Post a Comment